Sunday, February 5, 2012

Mr. DeGuay (sp?) @ the Buckley School, NYC:

I remember something about when I was in the 7th or 8th grade at the Buckley School, NYC. It was during one of Mr. DeGuay's (sp?) classes.

I think that a classmate at the time by the initials of D.W. organized "a class walkout" during one of Mr. DeGuay's French classes.

I remember that there were only (2) students left in the classroom after about 15-20 of Mr. De Guay's students during that French class walked out of the room with a bewildered-looking Mr. DeGuay left teaching the two of us left in the classroom.

(The other student who remained in the room with Mr. DeGuay and me may have been Damian Vargas or Abelardo Fernandez, but I can't quite remember at this moment because one of those named students left the Buckley School before entering the 7th or 8th grade at the Buckley School).

Not that I am any kind of "saint" because I also remember that for one of Mr. DeGuay's classes: I arranged it with classmates to sing the nursery rhyme, "Frère Jacques."

Subsequently: one morning across the street from 275 W. 96 St. on the way to school for the day catching the city bus at 07:30, Mr. DeGuay caught the bus at the same bus stop as me and sat next to me on the bus.

Mr. DeGuay said to me on that bus: "I had a brother whose name was 'Jacques' and he is deceased now."

With that comment: I NEVER made fun of Mr. DeGuay again.



No comments:

Post a Comment