Sunday, January 29, 2012

I read the KJV...

... New Testament (no notes - once thru and subsequent interspersed dabbling reading quotes).

After reading the New Testament, within the next year or two: I decided to read the Olde Testament 3 chapters per day (diligent notes - versed). To read the Olde Testament 3 chapters per day plus notes cited (begats included - unless eyes blur) is a tedious task to say the least and I believe it took me from May 1995 to April/May 1996... among Cervantes Don Quixote in two sittings, other novels (fiction, history, classical music library, etc. @ WWU)... in short, reading without reflecting is like eating without digesting.

I slept nights under my truck cap with a sub-zero bag for winters over three years eating one burrito/day and an evening pancake with habaneros in the batter cooked on my tailgate with a flame.  I did not smoke, drink alcohol or coffee or take an aspirin between 1993-1996.  I drank water, read books in the WWU library for twelve hours per day (almost every day) and slept under my truck cap in the bed of my 2-wheel drive standard truck.  Also, I slept in Montana and Wyoming midwinter in the back of my truck going back and forth over five day trips one way between the east coast, west coast and midwest to visit family.

No comments:

Post a Comment